WordPress hosted on Azure App Service is a fully managed Azure PaaS offering with built-in infrastructure maintenance, security patching and scaling.
Image tag version - You can review which is the current Php/Nginx version linked to the latest tag in Image Details.
Find additional WorPress articles on Technet/TechCommunity - Apps on Azure Blog.
Current image tag is
appsvc/wordpress-alpine-php:latest. We encourage to migrate to the new image tag if you have any version under this tag
appsvcorg/wordpress-alpine-php:<version>to have all the new features.
You can find a compilation of resources by categories:
Configuration and Best Practices
- Change MySQL Database Password for WordPress on Linux App Service
- Change WordPress Admin Credentials of the WordPress hosted on Linux App Service
- Setup Startup scripts for WordPress running on Linux App Service
- Configuring Nginx for WordPress running on Linux App Service
- A view of Application Settings of WordPress on Linux App Service
- Connect to database with phpmyadmin of WordPress on Linux AppService
- Configure WordPress on Linux AppService with existing MySQL database
- Migrate any WordPress site to WordPress on Linux App Service
- Adding PHP extensions for WordPress on Linux App Service
- AFD Integration with WordPress on Azure App Service
- WordPress Best Practices for Security
- Installing WordPress within Subdirectory
- How to enable IP access restrictions on wp-admin for the WordPress on App Service offering
- How to improve performance of WP Admin
- WordPress Best Practices for Performance
- Using Xdebug with Wordpress on App Service Linux