App Service on Linux supports
Java as a runtime stack built-in image, and
Java SE or
Apache Tomcat as Java Web Server stack.
Java Runtime Support - Microsoft and Adoptium builds of OpenJDK are provided and supported on App Service for Java 8, 11, and 17. You can check the JDK versions and Security updates in Java runtime statement of support.
Find additional Java articles on Technet/TechCommunity - Apps on Azure Blog.
You can find a compilation of resources by categories:
- Custom Tomcat Configuration on Azure App Service Linux
- Installing troubleshooting tools in Java custom containers
- Logging configuration with JBoss EAP and Spring Boot
- Deploying WAR based Java applications with CI/CD (GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps) on App Service Linux
- Deploying JAR based Java applications with CI/CD (GitHub Actions, Azure DevOps) on App Service Linux
- Adding Tomcat Manager to Blessed Java Images on Linux App Service
- Tomcat deployments on App Service - War file location, behavior and troubleshooting